Express Lunch @ Sushi Zen, Gardens

Sushi Zanmai Pasta Zanmai Sushi Zen. How confusing can this be?

I was at Mid Valley and had a sudden craving for Jap food. I took a brochure and searched...and found Pasta Zanmai. Hmm...ok, decided to go and try! I flipped the menu and found that, errm, they serve mainly Pasta...well...that is why they were called Pasta Zanmai anyway. With my thick skin, I walked out at the restaurant and the waiters/waitresses were puzzled. Not until I told them, "I am actually looking for Sushi Zanmai, not Pasta Zanmai..sorry :P"
Apparently, they have an outlet at the Gardens! Cool!

I walked to the Gardens, then remembered this place I used to eat many moons ago. It was quite yummy that time - I think, back in 2007....Now, it's called Sushi Zen! Cool. I thought, maybe the waiter gave me wrong info - it is Sushi Zen. So, I sat down and ordered 2 dishes, my favourite grilled unagi roll and salmon belly. PLUS a chawanmushi. Drinks? Cold Green Tea.


When the salmon belly arrived, I stared at the dish for a little while, and took a picture. Hmm. It seriously didn't look yummy. Maybe it was the lighting. If I were to give points to this dish, I would give it only 3 out of 10. I won't say it is disappointing, but really not up to my expectation.


Next came my favourite STAMINA ROLL. Hmmm. Click and took a picture as well. Seriously, didn't look too good either. Points? I would give it only a 4. And the chawanmushi...geez...I have never tasted such disappointing chawanmushi before......2 points only...and that is because at least the egg is smooth.


Toro Salmon = RM 13.00, Stamina Roll = RM 12.80, Chawanmushi = RM 4.80 and my green tea is RM 1.00

All in, my lunch express cost me RM 36.35 (inclusive tax). Will I be back? Maybe 2nd chance? No Way!!! Especially when I find out that Sushi Zanmai is actually located at 3rd Floor, Gardens. Aiyayayayayayaya!!

PS: Looks yummy in photos right? That is because I edited it using Photoimpact :P What an amazing software tool!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggin' Time!

Please enter your username and password to enter your Blogger Dasboard page!


Widget edited by Trik-tipsblog

My Calendar